Re: prevent invalidly encoded input

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: prevent invalidly encoded input
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> Attached is a patch to the scanner and the COPY code that checks for
> invalidly encoded data that can currently leak into our system via \
> escapes in quoted literals or text mode copy fields, as recently
> discussed. That would still leave holes via chr(), convert() and
> possibly other functions, but these two paths are the biggest holes that
> need plugging.

The COPY code looks sane.  On the scan.l change, I believe two out of
three of those calls are useless, because we do not do backslash
processing in dollar-quoted strings nor in quoted identifiers.
Also, I'd kinda like to have the check-for-high-bit optimization in
scan.l too --- some people do throw big literals at the thing.