Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] problem with pg_upgradecluster frompostgresql 8.1 to 9.1

От Giuseppe Sacco
Тема Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] problem with pg_upgradecluster frompostgresql 8.1 to 9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Hello Christoph,
I tried to follow your suggestion as described here:

Il giorno sab, 19/08/2017 alle 10.32 +0200, Christoph Berg ha
scritto:[...]
> I can't say what the problem is - what's puzzling me is that usually
> pg_upgradecluster should drop the new cluster if there are any
> problems during the upgrade, but the 9.1/main cluster seems to be
> running just fine for you after the upgrade attempt.
>
> To move forward, I'd just manually do
>
> pg_dumpall -p 5432 | psql -p 5434

and, indeed, the cluster copy started. Unfortunately this ended up in a
disk full. This is quite strange since the old cluster disk usage is
about 68Gb, while the new cluster arrived to 119Gb and filled the file
system.

I might enlarge the file system and try again, but 119Gb against 68Gb
sounds strange to me. I'll try to start again the complete operation
and save psql output and postgresql log. (Now I already dropped 9.1
cluster and even its logs were deleted.)

Bye,
Giuseppe