Re: atexit_callback can be a net negative

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: atexit_callback can be a net negative
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> writes:
> On 03/07/2014 03:57 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It's not a reason not to do something about the much larger chance of
>> this happening in a direct child process, which certainly won't have a
>> matching PID.

> Indeed.  Checking getppid() in addition might narrow things down further.

I don't think getppid adds much to the party.  In particular, what to
do if it returns 1?  You can't tell if you're an orphaned backend (in
which case you should still do normal shutdown) or an orphaned
grandchild.  The standalone-backend case would also complicate matters.

Сообщение: Re: atexit_callback can be a net negative
Сообщение: Re: atexit_callback can be a net negative