Re: Should we get rid of custom_variable_classes altogether?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Should we get rid of custom_variable_classes altogether?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 10/03/2011 10:17 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Right.  Getting rid of custom_variable_classes should actually make
>> those use-cases easier, since it will eliminate a required setup step.

> So are we going to sanction using this as a poor man's session variable
> mechanism?

People already are doing that, sanctioned or not.

> If so maybe we should at least warn that anything set will be accessible
> by all roles, so security definer functions for example should be wary
> of trusting such values.

Since it's not documented anywhere, I'm not sure where we'd put such
a warning.  I think anyone bright enough to think of such a hack should
be able to see the potential downsides, anyway.