Re: Issue with CREATE EXTENSION tablefuncKreiter

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Issue with CREATE EXTENSION tablefuncKreiter
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 8:52 AM, Chris Travers <chris.travers@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ext_test=# CREATE EXTENSION tablefunc;
>> ERROR: �type "tablefunc_crosstab_2" already exists
>>
>> This lead me to conclude that we needed to CREATE EXTENSION FROM UNPACKAGED
>> thinking this might be an upgrade issue. �However no luck.
>>
>> ext_test=# CREATE EXTENSION tablefunc FROM unpackaged;
>> ERROR: �function normal_rand(integer, double precision, double
>> precision) does not exist

> by any chance did you create the extension in the template1 database?

The whole extension is not in template1, else "CREATE FROM unpackaged"
would have worked.  But evidently there are at least some conflicting
objects there.  I speculate that somebody installed a pre-9.1 version of
the extension in template1, realized their mistake, and then tried to
clean it out manually (piecemeal) instead of using the uninstall script.
And missed some things.

Anyway the solution is to connect to template1 and drop any cruft that's
lying around in it.