Re: Questions regarding notify processing.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Questions regarding notify processing.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Terry Lee Tucker <terry@esc1.com> writes:
> The alternate input source is created on application startup with:
> ctrl->sys->dbInputId = XtAppAddInput (app,
>             ctrl->sys->socketId,
>             (XtPointer) (XtInputReadMask),
>             DbInputCB, (XtPointer) ctrl);
> And, it remains throughout the duration of the application. I believe this
> issue is related to your comment regarding the fact that selects are waiting
> on both 3 and 4 and sometimes just one or the other.

I wonder if you have found a bug in the X toolkit?  It might be worth
trying to identify exactly where the selects that only wait on FD 4 are
coming from.  If you can prove that the toolkit is not paying attention
to FD 3 when it should be, it's time to file a bug with those folk.