Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:
> I think the release notes for the autovacuum item (which was first reverted and
> then partially un-reverted) should say something like "Partitioned tables are
> now included in pg_stat_all_tables":
> | e1efc5b465 Keep stats up to date for partitioned tables

Hmm.  If I'm reading the commit message properly, the actual change there
is not that, but that analyze count and last analyze time are now tracked
correctly for partitioned tables.  Might be worth mentioning, not sure.

> Remove some internal question/marks:
> ACCURATE?
> REMOVE?
> ALTER TABLE ... ALTER COLUMN ... TYPE RESETS STASTISTICS? (was never intended to have markup added?)

Did that in the copy-editing I just pushed.

> Also, I'm not sure if this one should be included.
> 9a4c0e36fb Dump ALTER TABLE ... ATTACH PARTITION as a separate ArchiveEntry.
> See: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20210830154249.GX26465@telsasoft.com#9ad6fd4c36e13deea1c5f92f5114320e

Probably not worth listing --- the amount of explanation needed seems
to outweigh the probability of users caring.

> What about this ?
> ce6b662aae psql: Fix name quoting on extended statistics

Seems way too minor to bother with here.

Сообщение: Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
Сообщение: Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft