Re: Make uselocale protection more consistent

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Make uselocale protection more consistent
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

[1]https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CA%2BhUKGL7CmmzeRhoirzjECmOdABVFTn8fo6gEOaFRF1Oxey6Hw%40mail.gmail.com#aef2f2274b28ff8a36f9b8a598e3cec0
> I think keeping HAVE_USELOCALE is important for the Windows case as
> mentioned. I need it for my localization work where I am ripping out
> setlocale() on non-Windows.

The current code is structured

#ifdef HAVE_LOCALE_T
#ifdef HAVE_WCSTOMBS_L
     wcstombs_l(...);
#else
     uselocale(...);
#endif
#else
     elog(ERROR);
#endif

If you just replace HAVE_LOCALE_T with HAVE_USELOCALE, then this would
penalize a platform that has wcstombs_l(), but not uselocale().  I think
the correct structure would be

#if defined(HAVE_WCSTOMBS_L)
     wcstombs_l(...);
#elif defined(HAVE_USELOCALE)