Re: Are there commands to enquire about table structure?

От Ben
Тема Re: Are there commands to enquire about table structure?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 02:22:09 +0000, Lee Harr wrote:

> In 7.4 anyhow, I bet you can do much of this with the
> information_schema. This one would be ...
>
> SELECT count(*)
>     FROM information_schema.columns
>     WHERE table_name='mytable';

Sounds very good; however, the DB in question is 7.3.2 - no such namespace
exists there. If we can get the IP people to sign off on upgrading, I'll
look into this mechanism. We've got megabytes of SQL designed for
Postgres, though, and any changes have to be vetted against the whole
system before we can use them, something that takes many months.

--Ben