Re:

От Mladen Gogala
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8/27/21 8:59 AM, Ravi Krishna wrote:

>> how to take incremental backup in postgresql windows machine.
>>
> AFAIK PG has no concept of incremental backup.  pgbackrest has, but not sure whether it runs on Windows.

PG_RMAN can do incremental backups. I think it does the same thing as
Oracle  without enabled block change tracking: it backs up all the files
changed since the last full backup. However, that doesn't help you much
because of the vacuum which can touch the file well after it has been
referenced in transaction. I like pg_rman because it can automatically
delete old backups and keep only 4 latest backups.

--

Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant