concerning rserv Re[2]: PostgreSQL Website : advocacy.postgresql.org

От Alexey Borzov
Тема concerning rserv Re[2]: PostgreSQL Website : advocacy.postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings, Justin!

At 02.10.2002, 6:07, you wrote:

>>   IIRC there is now a replication solution in contrib/ I've never used
>>   it though. So you can perhaps cut the "available commercially" There
>>   might be other commercial offerings I know nothing about.

JC> Good point.  Althought the /contrib/rserv version doesn't work for
JC> PostgreSQL 7.2.x (have tried), there is still Usogres and stuff.  Will
JC> update that.  :)

    In fact, contrib/rserv works quite well, I've been using it for half a year
    already. There are gotchas, of course:
    1) It does not work out of the box. Its build process was broken
    some time ago. I tried to submit a patch for this, but had hard
    time pushing it through the same developer who broke it. Well,
    maybe I will at last be able to produce something that will please
    him and it will be in 7.3.x
    2) There is no coherent documentation for the package. Well, maybe
    I should write some based on my experience. :]
    3) If you dump/restore a DB with contrib/rserv, you'll need to do
    some manual tweaking to its tables.

--
Ñ óâàæåíèåì, Àëåêñåé Áîðçîâ
îòäåë èíòåðíåò-ïðîåêòîâ ÎÎÎ "ÐÄÂ-Ìåäèà"