Re: host name support in pg_hba.conf

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: host name support in pg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 10/06/2010 04:05 AM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> On tis, 2010-10-05 at 22:17 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> So far as I can find, there is *no* standard
>>> mandating that localhost means the loopback address.

>> Should we then change pgstat.c to use IP addresses instead of hardcoding
>> "localhost"?

> I understood Tom to be saying we should not rely on "localhost" for
> authentication, not that we shouldn't use it at all.

I think it's all right to use it as the default value for
listen_addresses, because (1) it's an understandable default,
and (2) users can change the setting if it doesn't work.

However, the usage in pgstat.c is hard-wired, meaning that if you
have a configuration where "localhost" doesn't resolve correctly
for whatever reason, there's no simple recourse to get the stats
collector working.  So ISTM there is an argument for changing that.

Сообщение: Re: host name support in pg_hba.conf
Сообщение: Re: host name support in pg_hba.conf