Re: sidewinder has one failure

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: sidewinder has one failure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
=?UTF-8?Q?Mikael_Kjellstr=c3=b6m?= <mikael.kjellstrom@mksoft.nu> writes:
> I think Tom Lane found the "problem".  It has to do with the semaphores
> taking up FD's.

Hm, no, because:

> Sure.  I compiled pgsql 12 and this is the complete logfile after
> starting up the server the first time with log_min_messages=debug2:
> 2020-01-04 01:03:14.492 CET [14906] DEBUG:  max_safe_fds = 984,
> usable_fds = 1000, already_open = 6

That's pretty much the same thing we see on most other platforms.
Plus your configure log shows that SysV semaphores were selected,
and those don't eat FDs.

Apparently, in the environment of that TAP test, the server has more
open FDs at this point than it does when running "normally".  I have
no idea what the additional FDs might be.