Re: disabling OIDs?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: disabling OIDs?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Lonni J Friedman <netllama@gmail.com> writes:
> The spam filtering package I use (dspam) had a section in their
> release notes recently which stated that disabling OIDs greatly
> increased speeds, and so they suggested that people do that on their
> tables.

"greatly increased"?  I doubt it.

Last I heard, dspam was not noted for any large amount of cluefulness
WRT postgres.  It was only recently that we managed to talk them out of
their most egregious bits of mysql-centricity.  Going to them for
postgres tuning tips is about like coming to me for mysql tuning ...