Re: [HACKERS] pgbench tap tests & minor fixes.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pgbench tap tests & minor fixes.
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] pgbench tap tests & minor fixes.  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
> [ pgbench-tap-12.patch ]

Pushed, with some minor fooling with comments and after running it
through perltidy.  (I have no opinions about Perl code formatting,
but perltidy does ...)

The only substantive change I made was to drop the test that attempted
to connect to no-such-host.postgresql.org.  That's (a) unnecessary,
as this is a test of pgbench not libpq; (b) likely to provoke a wide
range of platform-specific error messages, which we'd have to account
for given that the test is looking for specific output; and (c) likely
to draw complaints from buildfarm owners and packagers who do not like
test scripts that try to make random external network connections.

Like you, I'm a bit worried about the code for extracting an exit
status from IPC::Run::run.  We'll have to keep an eye on the buildfarm
for a bit.  If there's any trouble, I'd be inclined to drop it down
to just success/fail rather than checking the exact exit code.