Re: Backend crashes in 7.0.3

От Dirk Lutzebaeck
Тема Re: Backend crashes in 7.0.3
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane writes:
 > Dirk Lutzebaeck <lutzeb@aeccom.com> writes:
 > > It may be that there is some kernel corruption appearing here. I'm
 > > using kernel nfs on Linux 2.2.10 with a Solaris8 i86pc client. I saw
 > > some weird NFS error messages on the Linux system which are related to
 > > the solaris client. I suspect the kernel nfs daemon corrupting memory
 > > areas where postgres shared mem resides. I'm currently trying to dig more into
 > > the problem. Could this be possible?
 >
 > Seems like a bizarre theory.  In particular, why would 7.0.3 be affected
 > and not 7.0.2?

Sorry, it seems I was on the wrong track. It has nothing do to with
NFS, I just panicked... I'm currently looking into ApacheDBI a modperl
utility to reuse open db connections. In any case the backend messages
are odd. It seems I misunderstand ApacheDBI loosing a DB connection
with a backend crash.

Dirk