Re: corrupted database?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: corrupted database?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"P. A. Bagyenda" <bagyenda@dsmagic.com> writes:
>  My hard disk partition with the postgres data directory got full. I
> tried to shut down postgres so I could clear some space, nothing
> happened. So I did a reboot. On restart (after clearing some
> pg_sorttemp.XX files), I discovered that all my tables appear empty!

Were you foolish enough to remove pg_log as well?  If so, all your
past transactions now appear uncommitted ...

Bryan White had this same problem awhile ago --- see
http://www.arcamax.com/pg_check/ for the tool he developed.
Bear in mind though that you cannot get back a consistent state
of the database, because the info about which transactions committed
and which didn't is gone.  If you have a somewhat recent backup, it's
probably better to revert to that.