Re: gin creation and previous history of server

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: gin creation and previous history of server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail@webthatworks.it> writes:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Can you put together a self-contained test case that illustrates
>> this?

> I'm trying... Tonight I just let my long transaction run all night.
> It has been running for about 10h and it blocked on index
> re-creation.

I'd suggest just loading up some dummy data in a medium-size table and
seeing if you can reproduce the variance in index build time.  It's
unlikely that you need a ten-hour test case for that.  But there may
be some small detail of what you're doing that is necessary to show
the problem, so I'm not going to try to reproduce it here with no
concrete example to go on.