Re: rename sgml files?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: rename sgml files?
Дата
Re: rename sgml files?
Список pgsql-hackers
> So, should we rename the *.sgml files to *.xml, since they are actually
> now XML files?

At that point, back-patching documentation fixes would become effectively
impossible except through manual intervention in the patching process.
I don't want to go there.  The recent changes have already imposed a
significant PITA factor on generating minor-release notes, and this
would push it past what I care to deal with.

As I've remarked before, the issue would disappear if we were to
back-patch the XML-ization of the documentation.  So I'd be fine
with this if we did it uniformly in the supported branches.  Otherwise
I think the costs outweigh the benefits.