Re: [HACKERS] Speedup twophase transactions

От Stas Kelvich
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Speedup twophase transactions
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Speedup twophase transactions  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On 27 Sep 2016, at 03:30, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:

OK. I am marking this patch as returned with feedback then. Looking
forward to seeing the next investigations.. At least this review has
taught us one thing or two.

So, here is brand new implementation of the same thing.

Now instead of creating pgproc entry for prepared transaction during recovery,
I just store recptr/xid correspondence in separate 2L-list and deleting entries in that
list if redo process faced commit/abort. In case of checkpoint or end of recovery
transactions remaining in that list are dumped to files in pg_twophase.

Seems that current approach is way more simpler and patch has two times less
LOCs then previous one.

--
Stas Kelvich
The Russian Postgres Company