Re: [PERFORM] Huge difference between ASC and DESC ordering

От twoflower
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Huge difference between ASC and DESC ordering
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Thank you Jeff.

There are 7 million rows satisfying fk_id_client = 20045. There is an index on fk_id_client, now I added a composite (fk_id_client, id) index but that did not help.

I see the point of what you are saying, but still don't understand how these two situations (asc vs. desc) are not symmetrical. I mean, there is an ascending index on JOB_MEMORY.id, so why does it matter which end I am picking the data from?

The thing is, even when I force Postgres to use the ascending index on id, it's still orders of magnitude slower than the desc version (even when that one goes through the index backwards).

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Huge difference between ASC and DESC ordering
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Huge difference between ASC and DESC ordering