Re: [HACKERS] Keep ECPG comment for log_min_duration_statement

От Dr. Michael Meskes
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Keep ECPG comment for log_min_duration_statement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> So, I'd like to modify ecpg command not to remove some specific
> comments.
> [Interface]
> add a new option "--enable-parse-comment" to ecpg command.
>
>  <usage> ecpg --enable-parse-comment ,..., prog.pgc
>
> This option enables ecpg command to pass on block comments (/* 〜 */)
> to converted C file.

The reason for not keeping the comments in the statement was simply to
make the parser simpler. If you added this feature, do we still see a
reason for keeping the old version? Or in other words, shouldn't we
make the "enable-parse-comment" version the default without a new
option?

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Geschaeftsfuehrer/CEO
Tel.: +49 (0)2166 / 99 01 0

credativ international GmbH, HRB Moenchengladbach 15543,
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Moenchengladbach, Germany
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Joerg Folz

Global:         http://credativ.com
Germany:        http://credativ.de
Netherlands:    http://credativ.nl
India:          http://credativ.in