Re: Functions returning complex types.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Functions returning complex types.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Thomas Hallgren" <thhal@mailblocks.com> writes:
> ... exactly the same TupleTableSlot* that is passed into my
> printMyComplextType function. This is of course extremely bad since the
> MemoryContext where it was allocated has gone out of scope (I guess, since
> this is another call).

I don't think so; unless you are hacking memory contexts internally to
your function.  Here's some empirical proof that the function call
mechanism is not broken:

regression=# create type mytype as (f1 int ,f2 int);
CREATE TYPE
regression=# create function obtaintype(int,int) returns mytype as
regression-# 'select $1,$2' language sql;
CREATE FUNCTION
regression=# select * from obtaintype(1,2);f1 | f2
(1 row)

regression=# create function usetype(mytype) returns int as
regression-# 'select $1.f1 + $1.f2' language sql;
CREATE FUNCTION
regression=# select usetype(obtaintype(1,2));usetype
(1 row)