Re: [SQL] Conditional Lookup Table with Like

От sqlQuestions
Тема Re: [SQL] Conditional Lookup Table with Like
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi David,

You got me really close, but I'm still not getting the correct results due
to what I've learned is called cartesian product. The result set is being
multiplied because of extra rows. Have you seen this before?

Here is my query with an example schema. It should only return the first 6
rows in table1 with whichever category is correct.

SELECT table1.product_code, table1.date_signed, table1.description,
CASE WHEN lower(table1.description) LIKE ('%' || lower(table3.lookup_value) ||
'%') THEN table3.category ELSE table2.category
END
FROM table1
LEFT JOIN table2 ON table2.psc_code = table1.product_code
LEFT JOIN table3 ON table3.psc_code = table1.product_code
WHERE date_signed = '2017-02-01';

create table table1 (
product_code int,
date_signed timestamp,
description varchar(20)
);

insert into table1
(product_code, date_signed, description)
values
(1, '2017-02-01', 'i have a RED car'),
(2, '2017-02-01', 'i have a blue boat'),
(3, '2017-02-01', 'i have a dark cat'),
(1, '2017-02-01', 'i have a green truck'),
(2, '2017-02-01', 'i have a blue rug'),
(3, '2017-02-01', 'i have a dark dog'),
(1, '2017-02-02', 'i REd NO SHOW'),
(2, '2017-02-02', 'i blue NO SHOW'),