Re: [SQL] Conditional Lookup Table with Like

От sqlQuestions
Тема Re: [SQL] Conditional Lookup Table with Like
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Thanks for your response David.

I took out the WHEN table2.category IS NULL clause because I only want it to
pull the category from table2 when the lookup_value exists in description,
otherwise pull the table1 category. NULL doesn't matter to me.

Unfortunately, it still always pulls the category from table1.

SELECT code, description,
CASE WHEN description LIKE ('%' || lookup_value || '%')         THEN table2.category         ELSE table1.category
  END

FROM table1
LEFT JOIN table2 USING (code);