Re: Bug #882: Cannot manually log in to database.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug #882: Cannot manually log in to database.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au> writes:
>>> utimes("/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432", (const struct timeval *) 0);
>>
>> Hm, do you think that's portable?

> Hm ... yes, actually I do.  I use it on HP-UX, and testing indicates
> that it works on FreeBSD, Linux, NetBSD and Tru64 as well.

> Thinking about it, a Unix domain socket has an entry in the filesystem
> and thus an inode. utimes() operates on the inode so it makes sense to
> me that this should Just Work.

Sure, the question was more about whether the system call exists
everywhere.

> I've done some testing today, and the test passed on everything I
> tested it on:

I can add HPUX 10.20, Mac OS X 10.2.3, and a pretty ancient Linux
(kernel 2.0.36, not sure of the exact distro) to the list of stuff
your test program seems to pass on.

> If utimes() works on the other supported platforms that have Unix
> domain sockets perhaps we can put the /tmp cleaners to rest for good.

My feeling is we may as well put it in.  If it turns out we have
platforms without utimes(), we can put in a configure test and #ifdef
it.  If the call doesn't exist or doesn't update the mod time as
expected, we're no worse off than before --- and for platforms where
it does work, this is a big win.

Thanks for looking into it!  I'll work on applying the fix.

Сообщение: Re: Bug #882: Cannot manually log in to database.
Сообщение: Re: Bug #882: Cannot manually log in to database.