[HACKERS] How to extract bytes from a bit/bit(n) Datum pointer?

От valeriof
Тема [HACKERS] How to extract bytes from a bit/bit(n) Datum pointer?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

This may come from my lack of experience with Postgres, but I'm trying to
extract the byte portion of a Datum that is of type VarBit - bit/bit(n). I
see that the Datum pointer contains the value content of the bytes (after a
few bytes for the header) but I would need to point to the actual value
(plus also the number of bytes to be picked up).

I currently have a similar issue with BYTEAOID columns. I have a Datum
pointer but can't get the actual content.

Thanks!
Valerio