Re: Possible Performance Regression with Transitive Comparisons vs. Constants

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Possible Performance Regression with Transitive Comparisons vs. Constants
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Shaun Thomas <sthomas@optionshouse.com> writes:
> I ran into this while we were working on an upgrade project. We're
> moving from 8.2 (don't ask) to 9.1, and started getting terrible
> performance for some queries. I've managed to boil it down to a test case:

9.1.what?  For me, 8.2.23 and 9.1.6 produce the same plan and just about
the same runtime for your query 1.  For query 2, 9.1.6 prefers to stick
in a Materialize node, which cuts the runtime 30% or so --- but if I set
enable_material to off then I get the same plan and runtime as with 8.2.

Perhaps you should show the EXPLAIN ANALYZE outputs you're actually
getting, rather than assuming others will get the same thing.

            regards, tom lane

(PS: it does seem that HEAD has got some kind of issue here, because
it's picking a plain not bitmap indexscan.  I'll go look at that.
But I don't see that misbehavior in 9.1.)