Re: PL/pgSQL 'i = i + 1' Syntax

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL 'i = i + 1' Syntax
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> It ought to be illegal to modify the loop control variable anyway,
> IMNSHO - it certainly is in Ada, the distant antecedent of pl/pgsql.

Distant ancestors aren't particularly relevant here.  What plpgsql tries
to be is a ripoff^H^H^H^H^H^Hsincere flattery of Oracle's PL/SQL.  If
modifying the loop variable is disallowed in PL/SQL, I'm all for
disallowing it in plpgsql, otherwise not.  Anyone have a recent copy of
Oracle to try it on?