Re: Incorrect comment in fe-lobj.c

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Incorrect comment in fe-lobj.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> writes:
> I found following in fe-lobj.c:

>  * currently, only L_SET is a legal value for whence

> I don't know where "L_SET" comes from.

Hmm, seems to be that way in the original commit to our CVS (Postgres95).
I don't find this code at all in Postgres v4r2 though.

> Anyway this should be:
>  * whence must be one of SEEK_SET, SEEK_CUR or SEEK_END.

Agreed.  But looking at this brings a thought to mind: our code is
assuming that SEEK_SET, SEEK_CUR, SEEK_END have identical values on the
client and server.  The lack of complaints over the past fifteen years
suggests that every Unix-oid platform is in fact using the same values
for these macros ... but that seems kind of a risky assumption.  Is it
worth changing?  And if so, how would we go about that?