Re: remove check hooks for GUCs that contribute to MaxBackends

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: remove check hooks for GUCs that contribute to MaxBackends
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> writes:
> The attached patch removes these hooks and enhances the error message to
> look like this:

>     FATAL:  too many backends configured
>     DETAIL:  "max_connections" (262100) plus "autovacuum_max_workers" (3) plus "max_worker_processes" (8) plus
"max_wal_senders"(10000) must be less than 262142.

BTW, I suggest writing it as "too many server processes configured",
or perhaps "too many server processes required".  "Backend" is too
much of an insider term.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: remove check hooks for GUCs that contribute to MaxBackends
От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: remove check hooks for GUCs that contribute to MaxBackends