Re: [HACKERS] pg_class.relpartbound definition overly brittle

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_class.relpartbound definition overly brittle
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] pg_class.relpartbound definition overly brittle  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Mark Dilger <hornschnorter@gmail.com> writes:
> When you guys commit changes that impact partitioning, I notice, and change
> my code to match.  But in this case, it seemed to me the change that got
> committed was not thought through, and it might benefit the community for
> me to point it out, rather than quietly make my code behave the same as
> what got committed.

Let me explain the project standards in words of one syllable: user code
should not examine the contents of node trees.  That's what pg_get_expr
is for.  There is not, never has been, and never will be any guarantee
that we won't whack those structures around in completely arbitrary ways,
as long as we do a catversion bump along with it.