[HACKERS] ECPG: WHENEVER statement with DO CONTINUE action

От vinayak
Тема [HACKERS] ECPG: WHENEVER statement with DO CONTINUE action
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hello,

To develop the ECPG application more efficiently and improve portability,
I would like to suggest one minor improvement "WHENEVER condition DO CONTINUE" support in ECPG.
Oracle Pro*C supports WHENEVER statement with DO CONTINUE action.[1]

EXEC SQL WHENEVER SQLERROR CONTINUE;
is not same as
EXEC SQL WHENEVER SQLERROR DO CONTINUE;

The CONTINUE action instructs the client application to proceed to the next statement whereas DO CONTINUE action instructs the client
application to emit a C continue statement and the flow of control return to the beginning of the enclosing loop.

I have tried to implement it. Please check the attached patch.

Please give me feedback.

[1]https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/appdev.111/b28427/pc_09err.htm#i12340
Regards,

Vinayak Pokale