Re: [HACKERS] Broken source tree

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Broken source tree
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I am (not) finding a missing file src/interfaces/libpq/fe-print.c in the
> current CVSup'd cvs source tree, and psql is having trouble building
> because it is missing PQprint().
> I assume they are related and that someone intended PQprint() to move
> from fe-exec.c to a new file fe-print.c.

Yes, I moved the print functions out of fe-exec, because they bulked it
up to an unreasonable size, and because I felt that an application not
using them should not be forced to link them in.

Looks like Bruce forgot to check in the new file when he applied the
libpq patches I sent him.  Sorry about the glitch.

> Assuming that I can get the tree to build, what is the state of the
> tree? Do the regression tests pass? Are there any known breakages??

As far as the libpq changes go: the regression tests pass.  The gripes
I've been sending about missing regression tests have to do with things
that still didn't work after the regression tests all passed ;-).  AFAIK
there is nothing broken now.

As to what other people may have been breaking, this deponent sayeth
not.