Re: Heap lock levels for REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY not quite right?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Heap lock levels for REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY not quite right?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Then session 2 deadlocks while session 3 finishes correctly.  I don't
>> know if this is a class of problems we'd want to address for v12, but
>> if we do then CIC (and DROP INDEX CONCURRENTLY?) could benefit from
>> it.

> This seems like a pre-existing issue to me. We probably should improve
> that, but I don't think it has to be tied to 12.

Yeah.  CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY has always had a deadlock hazard,
so it's hardly surprising that REINDEX CONCURRENTLY does too.
I don't think that fixing that is in-scope for v12, even if we had
an idea how to do it, which we don't.

We do need to fix the wrong-lock-level problem of course, but
that seems straightforward.