Re: PGSQL-WINDOWS mailing list?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PGSQL-WINDOWS mailing list?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> However, I don't want this list to lose sight of the fact that *us*
> recieving 50-100 extra email/day on some list or another is a
> qualitatively different thing from a newbie signing up on NOVICE and
> immediately getting hit with 200 e-mails in the first 12 hours.

I hear you, but is it going to help much to split -novice into -novice
and -novice-windows?  If we get overwhelmed with new novices, they'll
all be in the latter list and they'll *still* have an unreasonable
amount of traffic.  What's more, they won't be getting any help from the
not-quite-so-novice-anymore denizens of the older list.

I think Dave's probably got the right idea: what we really need to be
looking for is a way to shift some of the support load away from the
mailing lists entirely.  We're all accustomed to mailing lists as The
Way To Have A Community, but there's a limit to how far the concept
will scale.

            regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Request for download stats on release
Сообщение: Re: Request for download stats on release