My issue with pgAdmin 4

От rvt
Тема My issue with pgAdmin 4
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hey All,

first of all... I love open source, and I hate to give negative feedback and
it took me a while to decide to to give the feedback or just keep it to
myself...

I tried pgAdmin4 a few times now, but I cannot get used to it, here are my
biggest issues with it.

1) The windows animations slow thing's down to much. Please have a option to
turn all animations off.

2) It's a single window application and it doesn't allow me to drag windows
around on my desktop, hide the windows I don't need etc.

3) Some icons or fonts look very blurred on my screen (5K screen 27" imac)..

4) The menu is not where where it suppose to be.

5) Some screens appear slow to me with a 'loading' icon, even without the
windows it takes took long to 'draw' the screen. Where in pgAdmin 3 a lot of
items are near instance, in pgAdmin4 it takes time to display.

6) pgAdmin3 Memory :  60Mb (4 threads), pgAdmin4 Memory : 330Mb (15 threads)

7) Clicking on a table in the tree doesnt do anything in pgAdmin4, in
pgAdmin3 it shows me the table definition.

For me, the fact that's a single window application is the biggest issue of
pgAdmin4, it just feel very right and natural, second issue is the
slowdowns, it doesn't feel 'snappy', every action takes time and/or doesn't
act like a desktop application.

I very much appreciate the work that has been into the application and I
really hope I am the only one with the above items.

cheers,