Re: pg_regress breaks on msys

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_regress breaks on msys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Hmm, that suggests that our code works *only* if there's white space in
>> all the paths !?  Seems unlikely that this description is fully correct,
>> or we'd have had problems before.

> It is saying _all_ these have to be true, and we already quote
> executables, and the string, so we always have more than two quotes:

Well, the description is about as clear as mud, because it's not saying
which two quote characters it's talking about.  I read it as talking
about the two quote characters around any one word/pathname.  If you
think it's talking about the two quote characters we put around the
whole command (the SYSTEMQUOTE dodge), then we're certainly going to
fail the "no special characters" test, because all these commands use
I/O redirection symbols.