Re: PITR on Win32 - Archive and Restore

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PITR on Win32 - Archive and Restore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> writes:
> Shell commands usage from programs has always been a PITA in win32, and
> it will probably remain. We should replace all such occurrences by /port
> stuff to get this fixed finally.

The fact that we are invoking a shell command here is not a bug, it's
a feature.  cp is not the only possible command one might want to use,
nor even the most likely command --- it's just the simplest case that
could possibly be useful.  I fully expect that people will be using some
sort of shell script in production.

Сообщение: Re: Win32 PostgreSQL 8.0 Beta 1 Installer available
Сообщение: Re: Win32 PostgreSQL 8.0 Beta 1 Installer available