Validity of using the test_decoding plugin for production?

От Joshua Kehn
Тема Validity of using the test_decoding plugin for production?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I'm considering using the test_decoding[1] plugin in conjunction with
Amazon's recent update for RDS with PostgreSQL[2] which includes logical
replication support. The concern I currently have is the stability and
output format of the test_decoding plugin. Specifically if it's built to
handle general purpose replication, has the stability to perform in a
production environment, and if there are any concerns about depending on
it for critical infrastructure given my current understanding is that
new output plugins cannot be used with RDS.

Comments to the above or experiences using test_decoding in a production
setup would be appreciated, whether inside RDS or not.

Thanks,

-Josh

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/test-decoding.html
[2]:
https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/amazon-rds-for-postgresql-new-minor-versions-logical-replication-dms-and-more/

Сообщение: Re: How to optimize SELECT query with multiple CASE statements?
Сообщение: Re: How to optimize SELECT query with multiple CASE statements?