Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> Regarding the concern about a pre-receive hook blocking an emergency push, the
> hook could approve every push where a string like "pgindent: no" appears in a
> commit message within the push.  You'd still want to make the tree clean
> sometime the same week or so.  It's cheap to provide a break-glass like that.

I think the real question here is whether we can get all (or at least
a solid majority of) committers to accept such draconian constraints.
I'd buy into it, and evidently so would you, but I can't help noting
that less than a quarter of active committers have bothered to
comment on this thread.  I suspect the other three-quarters would
be quite annoyed if we tried to institute such requirements.  That's
not manpower we can afford to drive away.

Maybe this should get taken up at the this-time-for-sure developer
meeting at PGCon?