Re: Can't find thread on Linux memory overcommit

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Can't find thread on Linux memory overcommit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kurt Roeckx <Q@ping.be> writes:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 01:04:13PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> "Fatally corrupted"?  That should not happen --- at worst, an OOM kill
>> should lose your current sessions.  We need more details.

> Even if it kills the postmaster?

Then you'd have to start a new postmaster.  But it still shouldn't
corrupt anything.

(Since the postmaster has small and essentially constant memory usage,
it's a pretty improbable target for the OOM killer, anyway.)

Сообщение: Re: Can't find thread on Linux memory overcommit
Сообщение: Re: Can't find thread on Linux memory overcommit