Fast Primary shutdown only after wal_sender_timeout

От Michael Banck
Тема Fast Primary shutdown only after wal_sender_timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm doing some failover tests on a 2-node streaming replication cluster
and shutting down the primary with 'pg_ctl -m fast' results in a timeout
of 50-60 seconds, pg_ctl returns only after the latter message:

<71804----2016-10-28 10:01:37.833 CEST-5808e5a4.1187c-transid:0>LOG:
database system is shut down
<62866-replicator-[unbekannt]-10.1.181.30(39609)-2016-10-28 10:02:27.963
CEST-581305b9.f592-transid:0>LOG:  terminating walsender process due to
replication timeout

If I set wal_sender_timeout (it has been commented out so far, i.e. set
to 60 seconds) to something smaller like 10 seconds, I get a 10 second
delay. There are no users logged into either primary or standby, nor is
there any other activity. The hot_standby_feedback parameter is set to
'on'.

I would assume that the replication connection is shut down along with
the backends, but this seems to be not the case, is this expected?

This is on 9.5.4, self-compiled.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Senior Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach