R: Catch exception from plpy

От dario.ber@libero.it
Тема R: Catch exception from plpy
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Martin,

Thanks for your help ...But I still don' get it!

I edited your code to correct what I think are some typos but I still get the
error message. What am I doing wrong!?

Dario

--
create or replace function test_tryex() returns void AS
$$
try:
    plpy.execute('create table tmp_foo (v1 int);')
    plpy.execute('select * from tmp_foo);')
except Exception, ex:
    plpy.notice("FUBAR!-- %s" % str(ex))
    return "FUBAR!"
return "test_tryex function has succeeded"
$$
    LANGUAGE plpythonu;
--
select test_tryex();
--

ERROR:  relation "tmp_foo" already exists
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "create table tmp_foo (v1 int);"

ERROR: relation "tmp_foo" already exists
SQL state: 42P07
Context: SQL statement "create table tmp_foo (v1 int);"

--

From the documentation and other posts I understand that you need to call
plpy.