Re: BUG #12792: I can do a SELECT with no fields

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: BUG #12792: I can do a SELECT with no fields
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"lr@pcorp.us" <lr@pcorp.us> wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is a bug or not,

It it's not.  See the release notes:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/release-9-4.html

| Allow SELECT to have an empty target list (Tom Lane)
|
| This was added so that views that select from a table with zero
| columns can be dumped and restored correctly.

For a more detailed explanation of why this feature was added, see
the commit message:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=1b4f7f93b4693858cb983af3cd557f6097dab67b

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #12792: I can do a SELECT with no fields