Re: Setting oom_adj on linux?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Setting oom_adj on linux?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The other issue was with a Debian-specific patch which was applied to
> OpenSSH which basically just created noise in the log file, bug report
> here:

Hmm, that's pretty interesting, specifically this:

: After some discussion with the Linux-Vserver folks, they found some
: interesting information I thought it worth adding. First EPERM is not
: the error that they expected, and that inside a vserver guest its really
: strict about what options you open it with, both O_CREAT and O_TRUNC are
: forbidden, and O_WRONLY lets you write 0\n to it.

That suggests it might be worth our trouble to use open/write rather
than fopen, so that we can ensure the flags are correct to avoid this
type of restriction.

But in any case the main takeaway seems to be to not insist on the
operation succeeding ;-)