Re: blatantly a bug in the documentation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: blatantly a bug in the documentation
Дата
Re: blatantly a bug in the documentation  ("Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Re: blatantly a bug in the documentation  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: blatantly a bug in the documentation  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
> I'm in favour of including it by default (at initdb), so it's there
> for new users to play with on any fresh install - however, there is
> only a point to that if all the documentation examples are based on
> that database to allow copy-paste-play.

You would also have to assume that all the examples are non-destructive,
and that no one ever extends an example in a destructive way.  This
seems like a non-starter.  Better to provide the sample database in a
form in which it can be easily dropped/reloaded.  I'm envisioning that
there's a source file in $sharedir and we tell people
createdb examplepsql -f $sharedir/example.sql example