Re: BUG #2432: PID file not created if $PGDATA is different from Datadir

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #2432: PID file not created if $PGDATA is different from Datadir
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Thomas Reiss" <thomas.reiss@interieur.gouv.fr> writes:
> Datadir

Yes it is, but it's in the data_directory.  In general the postmaster
need not (and probably should not) have write permission where the
configure files are, so we're not going to be changing this.

> When I tried to shutdown PG with a simple pg_ctl stop, the tool claimed
> about a missing postmaster.pid file. pg_ctl status didn't worked either.

pg_ctl hasn't been taught to parse the config file to find out where
data_directory is, so it really doesn't work with this layout yet.
Sorry.