Re: BUG #16968: Planner does not recognize optimization

От Eugen Konkov
Тема Re: BUG #16968: Planner does not recognize optimization
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello David,

> I really think you're driving yourself down a difficult path by
> expecting queries with whole-row vars to be optimised just as well as
> using select * or explicitly listing the columns.
Yes, I was expect that. I use whole-row because do not want repeat all
10+  columns  at select. I do not use (row1).*, (row2).*, because rows
could   have   same   columns.  eg:  row1.name, row2.name both will be
named as 'name' and then I can not distinguish them.
So I select whole-row and put myself into problems ((

It  would be nice if (row1).** will be expanded to: row1_id, row1_name
etc.  But this is other question which I already ask at different
thread.

Saturday, May 15, 2021, 5:59:41 PM, you wrote:

> On Sat, 15 May 2021 at 00:39, KES <kes-kes@yandex.ru> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you for detailed explanation. I glad to hear that I can use aliases and this will be recognized and
optimizationis applied.

--
Best regards,
Eugen Konkov

От: Eugen Konkov
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16968: Planner does not recognize optimization
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17005: Enhancement request: Improve walsender throughput by aggregating multiple messages in one send