Re: serverless postgresql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: serverless postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Rick Gigger" <rick@alpinenetworking.com> writes:
> I to would absolutely love to just include a postgres dll and have postgres
> in process and just store everything in a nice little file but from what I
> have read hear that would involve major changes that the developers on not
> interested in making.

Not only are the developers uninterested in it, the developers actively
oppose it.  We think an embedded database library cannot be reliable
enough to meet our notion of a "database", since it would be subject to
failures anytime the surrounding application has a bug.  Keeping the
client code in a separate process is a far more robust design.